Kitchen colours, custom molding and pot lights!

It’s been a busy week since the last post, we’ve had lots of help from friends and family, and are finally starting to do some finishing touches.  Last blog post we had just had the drywallers in, or coming in, to tape, mud and sand the drywall we had put up.  Since then, last week (for back to back nights) Alex and Danny came and helped us paint, as well as Rob who helped us with painting and installing our own molding along the ceiling.

Since our ceilings and walls are so crooked and the plaster is so old, we’re unable to finish the corners where the walls meet the ceiling.   Crown molding apparently requires relatively straight ceilings, so we decided to create our own “crown molding” out of 3 different pieces of wood/molding tacked together which allowed us to use slightly more flexible wood, and save some money at the same time.

Sunday afternoon we continued putting up some of the molding, and also installed the potlights in the kitchen, Ilona was definitely much quicker at installing the lights than I was, and it was really nice to finally see some finishing touches being added.  We still have a long ways to go, but the next update might also be just as colourful.

  1. No comments yet.
(will not be published)